If you are thinking about long term storage, you might have already started looking for storage facilities. When you want to put your things away for a long time you need to find a facility which is safe and where you can keep your valuables without any worry. After all you can only feel at peace knowing that your items would remain secure in the facility.
The following are some things to keep in mind when putting your thing away for long term storage.
- If you are looking for long term storage which might stretch to a few months or so, you need to find sturdy boxes where your items can be kept safely. Wardrobe boxes are a great way of ensuring your things stay secure. In order to ensure that fragile things don’t get crushed, it’s advisable to wrap those in bubble wrap.
- Look for boxes which can be stacked one on top of another. This would help keep storage space to a maximum. Avoid buying oddly shaped boxes which don’t stack well and which would occupy a great deal of space. Choose boxes which have dimensions which are suitable for your items.
- Also ensure that the boxes stand close together to add extra stability and so that the boxes don’t topple over.
- You can also invest in plastic shelves which can be assembled. You could then place your boxes on those shelves to ensure more stability.
- If you are planning to store away any appliances make sure that those are powered off and cleaned properly. Things like microwave have food stains which when left unclean and put away can give off a horrid smell. So be careful and wipe each appliance clean. Like dishwashers cookers and microwave. The same goes for your driers also.
- When all your things have been packed and put in storage boxes, make sure you label each box in a clear way and place the label as such that it is visible. This way when you are tacking the stuff at a storage facility you know that valuable and fragile things are placed in one of the safest spots. Just randomly throwing all things together might not be one of the most feasible things.
- Also keep in mind that there are some item which you would need to reuse and you might need to get them out of the storage much sooner than your other things. If that is the case then make sure those things are put in the front. Again the boxes which you labelled would come in handy. You would know which boxes should be placed in the front and which you can retrieve with ease. It is always a good idea to know which item are to be put away for a long term and which would be needed in a short while again.
Keeping all these above mentioned storage ideas in mind would ensure that you get the most value for the money you invest in a long term storage facility.